Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Goals





Ahhh, a fresh start! Oh how I love the new year. I woke up early this morning and started working on my 1st goal to read the Bible cover to cover in 90 days.
My other goals are:

Spiritual
Memorize one long passage from the Bible each month. (I still need to choose a passage for January. I'll pick the passage before each month begins and start working on it.)

Continue to pour my life into the women that God has brought into my life. I want to be intentional in spurring them on to the Lord.

Read 1 book a month. Subjects: spiritual growth, parenting, marriage, fun stuff. January's book is Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges.

Physical

Work out 3 times a week. I want to get rid of my belly fat!

Limit junk food intake to 1 snack a day. Increase fruit intake. Limit the amount of junk food I buy. If I don't buy it, I can't eat it!

Wife
Focus on Eddie. Daily think of how I can help and encourage him. Ask him what I can do to be a helper suitable to him.

Prioritize our physical relationship. (I started reading Rekindling the Romance by Dennis and Barbara Rainey earlier this week. It has helped a lot with me preparing my mind for action.)


Mother

Start teaching Halley the ABCs (one letter a week). Use Totally Tots.

Use Songs for Saplings to teach her the Scriptures.

Continue working on the Children's Catechism. One per month.

Read to the children daily.

Budget/Stewardship

Sit down with Eddie before the month begins and talk over our budget. Spend every penny on paper before the month begins. Use the envelope system.

In the Kitchen

Plan our meals every week.

Recycle and Reuse where I can.

Bake all of our bread using my new Bread Machine.

Stick to our food budget.

Blog

Update my blog atleast once a week. I've set this goal in the past, but I'm going to try again.

Well, that should be enough to get me started, dontcha think?

4 comments:

Wonderful World said...

Yes I think so!!!! That's so great!

Ready, Set, Go...

Kathy said...

Loving your blog Shaunta! Our blogs are similar! I am looking forward to hearing about your deals and updates! Alabama and Auburn fans are in a league of their own! My sister and I were super excited last night because my dad was a HUGE Alabama fan and he passed away a year and a half ago. It made me really miss him last night but I know that he is with the Lord and there is no better place! Looking forward to hearing more!

Unknown said...

Girl, you are doing it big, but hey you eat an elephant one bite at a time, right?! Can't wait to hear about your progress.

Stacy said...

Great goals! I'm a B90days reader too! We can all do this together! And your babies are beautiful!! Love the twins cheeks!