(I'm not sure who wrote this poem)
Would you nurse her in the park?
Would you nurse him in the dark?
Would you nurse him with a Boppy?
And when your boobs are feeling floppy?
I would nurse him in the park,
I would nurse her in the dark.
I'd nurse with or without a Boppy.
Floppy boobs will never stop me.
Can you nurse with your seat belt on?
Can you nurse from dusk till dawn?
Though she may pinch me, bite me, pull,
I will nurse her `till she's full!
Can you nurse and make some soup?
Can you nurse and feed the group?
It makes her healthy strong and smart,
Mommy's milk is the best start!
Would you nurse him at the game?
Would you nurse her in the rain?
In front of those who dare complain?
I would nurse him at the game.
I would nurse her in the rain.
As for those who protest lactation,
I have the perfect explanation.
Mommy's milk is tailor made
It's the perfect food, you need no aid.
Some may scoff and some may wriggle,
Avert their eyes or even giggle.
To those who can be cruel and rude,
Remind them breast's the perfect food!
I would never scoff or giggle,
Roll my eyes or even wiggle!
I would not be so crass or crude,
I KNOW that this milk's the perfect food!
We make the amount we need
The perfect temp for every feed.
There's no compare to milk from breast-
The perfect food, above the rest.
Those nursing smiles are oh so sweet,
Mommy's milk is such a treat.
Human milk just can't be beat.
I will nurse, in any case,
On the street or in your face.
I will not let my baby cry,
I'll meet her needs, I'll always try.
It's not about what's good for you,
It's best for babies, through and through.
I will nurse her in my home,
I will nurse her when I roam.
Leave me be lads and ma'am.
I will nurse her, Mom I am
Nursing our children has been such a joy and a blessing. I wish more people could experience it. I love it for many reasons and some are: b/c it creates such a special bond with the baby, is oh so convenient, and is FREE!!! Before having the twins, I thought that I would nurse and bottlefeed b/c afterall nobody is crazy enough to nurse twins! LOL. I purchased bottles with gift cards from my showers and thought they would be used. I have to say however that the bottles have been used maybe about 4 times. Sounds crazy and unbelievable, I know! With Halley, I pumped milk, but b/c we didn't give her a bottle early on, she never really learned how to use one. My supply of frozen milk was mixed with her cereal and given to her around 9 months when she started on a sippy cup. I pumped a few times when the twins were born, but didn't keep up with it b/c I really don't have time to pump. With the twins it has just been easier to pop my breast in their mouths and keep on truckin'. They are 7 months now and I still nurse them simultaneously sometimes as it saves time. I would love to be a lactation consultant and encourage women to nurse their babies...the benefits are GREAT!!!
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Breezy continues to be such a blessing to our family. She is the greatest helper ever and has such a servant's heart! She LOVES the twins so much and will do anything for them (except share her beloved blanket). I want to fill you in on a few of the cute things she has been doing and saying lately.
1. "Where Daddy are?"
2. She uses Baby Talk with the twins which is oh-so-cute! The only thing is that her speech is already hard to understand, so she could talk in her regular voice and it would sound like Baby Talk!
3. Her dad lets her change the twin's diapers...and she does a pretty good job at it! She even squeezes the diaper beforehand to see if it's wet!
4. She asks to hold hands when we pray over our food. We don't usually hold hands except on Thursday's when we have our Life Group with church members. I guess she likes it, b/c she always asks to hold hands now.
5. She went to Atlanta to stay w/ my parents for a couple of days. My dad let her mop the kitchen floor...and he says he has a video of it.
6. Tonight she told me to leave the bathroom while she did her thing and "close da door...close it hard!"
7. "Mommy, hold you." Translation: "Mommy, hold me." Isn't that cute
8. "Wanna watch hatha birfday." Meaning: She loves to watch the videos of herself on my blog...especially this one of her 2nd birthday and this one where she teaches her baby to use the potty.
9. Everytime I want to take a picture of her with her siblings, she grabs the babies' hands. Why? I don't know...she just does! And here is the proof:
8. I have to admit that I let Breezy feed the babies sometimes, too! She does a pretty good job, dontcha think?