Monday, January 18, 2010

Menu Plan Monday



I hadn't really been serious about the pantry challenge so far this month. But, I decided to give it a try for this week. I've made it my goal not to go the grocery store at all this week. We're making do with what we have. I had another menu plan for the week, but I decided to change it. I'm planning to go to Atlanta this weekend for my sister's 30th birthday, and I would like to use the savings to fund this trip. So, here's what's on the menu.

Monday- Stewed Chicken (a friend from St. Lucia came over to show me how to make it), rice, black beans

Tuesday- Roasted Chicken (purchase on sale last week for $0.79 per pound), veggies, salad. I plan to brine the chicken and prep it using an adaptation of Alton Brown's recipe. Eddie will just have to put it in the oven as I'll be working this day.

Wednesday- Chicken Sausage and Pasta with Marinara Sauce

Thursday - Crockpot Beef, Rice, Veggies

Friday- Homemade Pizza

Saturday - Fried Fish, Baked Potatoes

For more menu plans of those eating from the Pantry, check out Life As Mom

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Yay, Shaunta! So glad you are joining in! Your menu looks delicious! Let me know how it goes!

Patiences said...

Hey girl, can you post the recipe for stewed chicken and black beans? I'm curious, and I can never have enough chicken recipes.